Monday, March 05, 2007

Australian Word of the Non-specified Time Period: Dodgey

I would make this a daily post, but I'd probably run out of words. A weekly post maybe, but just in case I forget, here's introducing the Australian Word of the Non-specified Time Period.

The word of the...um, day is "Dodgey".

Dodgey is a fantastic word that can encompass everything from something that's not working right...

The dryer is being a bit dodgey.

...to suspicious persons...

That bloke outside of A block looks a bit dodgey.

...to even the weather.

Whats with this dodgey weather? It was supposed to be sunny today!

Dodgey is, by far, my favorite word thus far down here. In fact, I'm using it right now to describe my inability to log into my e-mail. The Internet is being dodgey!

Right now there is approximatley a 100% chance I will be using dodgey when I return home. To which you might have to say something like

"Alan says dodgey so much, he's becoming a bit dodgey himself."

How I amuse myself.

Dodgely,

Alan

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They also say this in England. The exchange student during pharmacy school introduced us to this word when she said 'The dodgey hot dog stand' - got a good laugh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home