Saturday, March 31, 2007

Sydney: the retroactive post



As promised, here is the Sydney trip retroactive post....with photos!


I boarded a bus in Canberra last Friday to head up to Sydney. As the bus pulled out of the station, I promptly fell asleep. When I did wake up and look at the scenery...well, it wasn't much. Think Eastern Washington, and you get a basic idea.

Rolled into Sydney around 5:00 and found my way to The Big Hostel to check in. After getting settled, I went down to Darling Harbour to find something to eat. Darling Harbour is really nice, has a shopping centre and a bunch of little cafes that you can eat at.


Darling Harbour with skyline.


View out towards the Pacific.

I went to a seafood cafe, and ordered the Agnolotti, which is pasta stuffed with salmon. As I said before, best pasta dish ever. I then walked around the Harbour a bit more before calling it a night.

I don't have to go back over what I did later that week. In case you forgot, here are the posts: Day 1, Day 2. But here are some pics from those few days.


Panorama of flower bed depicting the Australian flag at Darling Harbour.



Sydney Harbour Bridge.


Panorama of Sydney Harbour.


Sydney Opera House


Opera House and Harbour Bridge...I rather like this photo.


Olympic Volunteers monument outside Telstra Stadium


Inside Telsta.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home